Swagelok® Ultrahigh-Purity Diaphragm Valves (ALD7 Series)
The Swagelok ALD7 ultrahigh-purity valve provides the flow consistency and capacity, actuator speed, temperature rating, and cleanliness necessary to help maximize chip throughput in new or existing semiconductor manufacturing tools.Request More Information
Performance So Consistent, It’s Revolutionary
The Swagelok ALD7 ultrahigh-purity diaphragm valve is the latest innovation in atomic layer deposition (ALD) valve technology resulting from more than five decades of Swagelok supporting semiconductor fabricators and tool manufacturers. This high-performance semiconductor valve enables tool manufacturers and chip fabricators to increase viable chip yields and enhance profitability by enabling the flow consistency, flow capacity, actuator speed, and performance at high temperatures necessary to overcome limitations in current production processes.
Built for Uncompromising Precision
Featuring faster response time, thermal stability at high temperatures, and enhanced corrosion resistance, the ALD7 provides consistent performance from valve to valve, dose to dose, and chamber to chamber over an ultrahigh cycle life.
- The ALD7 delivers precise dosing over the course of millions of cycles in even the most demanding ALD applications
- Enhanced actuator technology allows this semiconductor valve to operate faster than industry-standard technology, with a response time as low as 5 ms
- The actuator is immersible to 150°C, and the valve is rated to 200°C, providing flow consistency at high temperatures and under vacuum conditions
- A valve body comprised of proprietary ultrahigh-purity Swagelok 316L VIM-VAR stainless steel provides the ALD7 with resistance to corrosive gases
Higher Performance. Minimal Rework Required.
The ALD7 can deliver flow capacity compared to existing semiconductor valves but maintains the same footprint. Its compact design helps semiconductor manufacturers upgrade the productivity of legacy tools without making significant process modifications.
- The ALD7 can deliver a flow coefficient (Cv) up to 0.7 and enables precise, repeatable dosing from chamber to chamber
- The ALD7 maintains the same 1.5-in. footprint as Swagelok industry-standard ALD valves
- The valve features an integrated thermal isolator, shortening the valve’s profile and allowing system designers to maximize limited space near the reaction chamber
|Working Pressure||Vacuum to 145 psig (10.0 bar)|
|Burst Pressure||>3200 psig (220 bar)|
|Actuation Pressure||60 to 120 psig (4.1 to 8.27 bar)|
|Temperature Rating||Valve body from 32°F (0°C) to 392°F (200°C)|
Actuator from 32°F (0°C) to 302°F (150°C)
|Flow Coefficient||0.7 Cv|
|Body Materials||316L VIM-VAR stainless steel|
|Diaphragm Material||Cobalt-based superalloy|
Tube butt weld
1.5 in. modular surface-mount high flow C-seal
ALD7 Series Valves Catalogs
Locate detailed product information, including materials of construction, pressure and temperature ratings, options, and accessories.
ALD 3 and 6 Diaphragm Valve and ALD20 Bellows: Ultrahigh cycle life, high-speed actuation; Up to 392°F (200°C) w thermal actuators; Electronic actuator position-sensing; ultrahigh-purity applications; High flow capacity, PFA seat, Normally closed pneumatic actuation, Alloy 22 available
How to Solve Top ALD and ALE Semiconductor Processing Challenges
ALD and ALE semiconductor production processes come with some inherent challenges and complexities. Learn how the right selection of process valves can help you overcome them.Select the Right Valves for ALD Challenges
Swagelok Resources Curated for You
Discover how semiconductor fabricators can improve end-to-end production yields and improve long-term profitability by selecting the right metals for critical fluid system components.
Find out how collaboration between semiconductor tool OEMs, microchip manufacturers, and fluid system solutions providers has enabled the semiconductor market to keep up with the demands of Moore’s Law for decades, and where we go from here.
Since the 1980s, Rosendahl Nextrom has depended on Swagelok to move its business forward. Learn more about the solutions that allowed the company to outpace its competitors and remain an industry leader.
Learn why Finnish dilution refrigerator manufacturer Bluefors trusts Swagelok for fluid system components and solutions that help enable quantum computing, experimental physics, and more.